Sally is a Surrey based painter who specialises in equestrian art. She exhibits nationally and internationally and has gained recognition and awards for her vibrant and expressive interpretations of equestrian scenes. Sally is one of only two artists to have been twice awarded the Society of Equestrian Artists Cuneo Medal, their top award for the most meritorious group of work at the Society's summer exhibition in London.
Painting is my way of expressing what I see and how I feel. Horses are a constant subject in my work as I find the equine form endlessly fascinating and beautiful in line, form, movement and expression.
My interest is in the connection between horse and rider, the process of training and pursuit of perfection in unity and movement. I reflect and draw on the parallels of this horse rider partnership with the possible human experience of living well with grace, harmony, patience and understanding.
- 2010 Contemporary Art Award - S E A, Mall Galleries , London
- 2010 Cuneo Award_-Society of Equestrian Artists,Mall Galleries London
- 2009 International Ex Arte Equis - 1st place painting
- 2007 Cuneo Award-Society of Equestrian Artists, Mall Galleries London
- 2006 Flying with Eagles Award- Equine Art 2006 USA
- 2006 10th Anniversary Award - Equine Art 2006 USA
- 2005 Sally Mitchell Fine Art Printing Prize - S.E.A London
- 2005 Best Oil Painting- Equine Art 2005 U.S.A
- 2004 Banstead Manor Stud Award S.E.A Mall Galleries London
- 2004 Ingleton Beer Award - S.E.A Mall Galleries London
- 2004 Official Artist - London International Horse Show, Olympia
- 2004 Best in Show Award - Equine Art 2004 U.S.A
- 2002 Sporting Art Award - AAEA Lexington Kentucky
- 2002 Best Watercolour/ Acrylic- Equine Art 2002 U.S.A
- 2001 Ingleton Beer Award - S.E.A Christie's London
- 2000 Best Oil Painting - Equine Art 2000 U.S.A.
All images are subject to copyright.